Investing in The Right Motorcycle For You
Are you finally itching to get yourself that motorcycle that you've always dreamed about? That one motorcycle that you imagine yourself rolling into work with, or take strolls around the block on? If you think that the timing is right, then wala na talagang makakapigil sa'yo. Nothing can stop you from realizing that dream and we support that! In fact, we at Motomart.Ph, are more than willing to lend you a helping hand. Pwedeng-pwede ka naming tulungang makuha ang motorsiklo na gusto mo and eventually get you settled on the bike that you are comfortable taking home with.
Before anything else, however, let us take a step back and weigh in on the one thing that matters the most.
How Do I Choose the Right Motorcycle?
Naitanong mo na ba sa sarili mo kung anong motorsiklo ang sakto at bagay para sa'yo? This is actually a very important question to ask yourself kung plano mong bumili ng una mong motorsiklo, or even your next motorcycle after already owning one or two.
Remember, you will need to invest in the right motorcycle for you, not only for the purpose of safety, but para naman ma maximize mo yung level of riding potential na meron ka at the moment, along with being able to enjoy your first and subsequent riding escapades. Samahan mo kaming ilahad ang ibat-ibang mga factors na dapat mung isipin at isaalang-alang sa pagpili ng tamang motorsiklo na para sa'yo. Laging tandaan, safety is paramount!
Purpose - what do you want to do with it?
Ano ba ang main purpose mo sa pagbili ng motor? There could be varying answers here dahil pwedeng gusto mo lang i-enjoy ang cold mountain air, o di kaya'y to feel the gentle sea breeze when riding out. Or is it for taking up a new hobby, to de-stress, to ride to work, o di kaya nama'y pamalengke lang? Ano ba talaga? 😅
But once you determine and understand your purpose for getting a motorcycle, kahit in a broad sense man lang, followed by the kind of riding that you plan to do with it, magiging easy-peasy nalang ang mga susunod na steps.
What's your experience and current skill level?
How do you feel about your current skill level pagdating sa pagmomotor? Do you consider yourself a beginner, a novice? Or are you already a seasoned and experienced rider? Sa puntong ito, you have to be comfortable in knowing the current level that you are in, especially kung choosing the right CC or motorcycle displacement na ang usapan. Afterall, you will need to choose the right number of CCs that's best for your riding style and comfort.
Narrow down the list
Next step is to figure out what your options are, then narrow your choices down from that list. After considering the kind of riding that you plan to do, dito ka na pipili ng category or motorcycle type that would fit your desired riding style. Medyo marami-rami din ang choices mo dito but the common ones are the following:
- Sport bike
- Dirt Bike
There are lots and lots of options to choose from, but with a little bit of research and self-education, dapat alam mo na, at this point, kung sa anong category dapat kasama ang motor na pipiliin mo. Halimbawa if you are just starting out and wants something user-friendly and automatic, then you will want to choose from the list of available scooters within your budget. If you want a motorcycle that can take some bit of backroads and dirt action na pwede namang dalhin sa kalsada, then you will want to check out the list of dual-sport motorcycles that are available in your area. Or if you are into sporty and aggressive riding, then you can comb through the list of available sport bikes or sport motorcycles that are within your budget range.
Here's a quick, very generic glimpse into the usual motorcycle categories/types and what they can offer or bring to the table:
- Standard or naked bikes: Karaniwan sa mga motor na ito ang natural o neutral riding position at wala masyadong mga plastic fairings at kung ano-ano pamang mga abubot. Styling is a simple mix of form and function and they come in different engine sizes as well, so you should be able to determine which size is the right one for you. Ang mga notable na examples for this class dito sa atin are the KTM Duke 200, Kawasaki Rouser 200NS, Suzuki Gixxer 150, Yamaha MT-15, Honda CB150R, etc.
- Dual-Sport: These motorcycles are designed to be dual-purpose, hence the class or category name. Pwedeng-pwede ang mga dual-sport motorcycles for riders that have a hybrid style of riding which is usually a combination of riding on both the dirt roads and the regular pavement or highway. Example motorcycles in this class are the Yamaha XT250 Serow, Honda CRF250L, Yamaha XTZ125, Kawasaki KLX150, Honda CRF150L, Kawasaki KLX230, Yamaha WR155, Honda CRF250 Rally, at marami pang iba.
- Cruisers: Kadalasan sa mga cruiser ay mga mabibigat na motor at may malalaking cc o displacement, so it might not be the best choice for beginners. Typical sa mga motor na ito ang pagiging low-slung o kung baga "lowered." Ayon sa The Manual - "Cruisers feature a low seat height, a torque-rich engine, a fat rear tire, lots of style, and, very often, a lot of chrome." Examples of available cruisers in the Philippine market are the Kawasaki Vulcan S 650, Honda Rebel 500, Royal Enfield Thunder Bird 500, Harley-Davidson Street 750, Harley-Davidson Superlow, etc.
- Sport Bikes: Ang mga motor na ito naman ay kadalasang race-inspired and sharp looking. Riding position is aggressive, yung tipong nakayuko, and are built for speed and handling. Iilang mga examples na mabibili sa suking tindahan ay ang Yamaha R3, Kawasaki Ninja 400, Kawasaki Ninja ZX25R, Yamaha R15, Suzuki GSX-R150, Yamaha R6, Kawasaki Ninja 300, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Honda CBR150R, KTM RC200, KTM RC390, at iba pa.
- Scooters: Scooters are often trendy and easy-to-ride-looking motorcycles that are typically equipped with a continuously variable transmission (CVT), meaning wala nang piga-piga sa clutch and no more manual changing of gears. Pihit nang pihit kalang sa silinyador at makakarating ka naman sa kung saan mo gusto. Scooters are often a good choice for the novice riders as they can range from a gentle 110 cc to a quicker 155 cc variant. Some noteable examples are the Kymco Like, Yamaha Mio Sporty, Yamaha Mio i125, Honda Click 125i, Honda Click 150i, Honda Beat, Honda Genio, Suzuki Skydrive Sport, Suzuki Address, Yamaha Aerox, Yamaha NMAX, Honda PCX150, at marami pang iba! Meron din namang mga halimaw na scooter na nasa 300 cc to 500 cc, partikular na ang Kymco X-TOWN 300, Yamaha XMAX at Yamaha TMAX.
Finally, take your dream bike home!
Congratulations! Maiuuwi mo na sa wakas ang inaasam-asam mong motor. Sa puntong ito ay dapat komportable kana sa napili mong motorsiklo and this will be the start of your new riding adventures. We, at Motomart.Ph, hope that we have helped you in more ways than none. Remember that we are always here to help you get your low-priced, high-quality, used or second hand motorcycles.
Pro-tip: Always make it a point to include your significant other when it comes to your purchasing decisions. Mahirap na kung magalit si misis at maudlot pa. Baka kase at motor na sana, maging bato pa. Huwag naman sana! 😂
Contact us at 0945-733-8144 or chat with us using the chat function of the website, located at the lower-right-hand portion of the screen and we will be more than happy to assist.